Disclosure: Every product you see here has either been used by us or independently selected by (obsessive) editors. As an affiliate of Amazon, Anything purchased through our links may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1 Asics Men’s Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoe Review
- 2 Are ASICS Gel Venture 5 Good For Running?
- 3 What ASICS Shoes Are Best For Running?
- 4 What Is The Difference Between Asics Gel Venture 5 And Asics Gel Venture 6?
- 5 Are Asics Better Than Nike?
- 6 How Long Does Asics Last?
- 7 Is Asics Shoe Machine Washable?
- 8 Do Asics Shoes Have A Warranty?
- 9 How Do I Know If My ASICS Shoes Are Real?
- 10 Asics Men’s Gel Venture 5 Running Shoe Review – Conclusion
The phrase “Anima Sana In corpore Sano” which means “A sound mind in a sound body” when translated from Latin shows you the importance Asics trademark has in terms of providing running gears for athletes all over the world and inspiring them in the process.
The Asics men gel venture 5 running shoe is another one from the stables of the sport wear giants who began their journey in the year 1949 and have not looked back ever since.
The gel venture 5 has been known to provide runners with the required comfort for the feet while running and engaging in other activities. Be it mud racing, road trails, mountain hikes, and any other sport that would require your feet to be firmly rooted to the ground, the Asics 5 will see to it that not only are you comfortable but safe and relax.
Here are some important factors to note about the Asics shoes
- 100% synthetic
- AHAR (high abrasion rubber) technology
- Rearfoot GEL technology
- Underlays that are brushstrokes patterned to provide excellent traction
- Outsoles designed with the latest Trail-specific technology and traction lugs
- Removable sock liner to accommodate medical orthotics
Now in detail.
Asics Men’s Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoe Review
It always feels good to know that whatever I put on can be recycled to create another product, that’s the story of the Asics gel venture 5. Made from 100% synthetic material, you can be sure to have your shoe recycled in any way suitable without having to add to the growing global waste concerns.
It also means that it is waterproof to a certain extent, so you shouldn’t expect your feet to get wet on any sudden contact with water.
The AHAR (high abrasion rubber) are outsole materials that are known for their excellent abrasion resistance. It provides effective cushioning in shoes and also aids more grip support. This new technology also sees to it that the Asics gel venture 5 is 50% lighter when compared to other models. All these have been incorporated into the Asics gel venture 5 to give you rich user experience.
Rearfoot GEL Technology
The gel venture 5 has a positive and relaxing impact on the rearfoot and forefoot, thanks to rearfoot GEL technology. The Rearfoot gel improves shock reduction during running and any kind of forward movements whilst increasing cushioning and comfort. This is a technology that is trademarked to the Asics company, you can’t find it anywhere else.
Refined Traction Lugs
How often have you heard runners complain of slipping while running? Well, not with the Asics gel venture 5. The traction lugs are designed in such a way that your feet are locked with the ground as soon as it comes in contact with it regardless of the terrain.
Medical Orthotics? No Problem!
Orthotics is a support brace that is used to align, prevent, or correct the function of movable parts of the body. Regardless of the orthotics you choose to adorn, the sock liner of the Asics gel venture 5 can be removed to accommodate it, so you have no excuse whatsoever to keep you from running.
Excellent Brush Stroke Pattern On The Underlay
It’s really fascinating to see the effort ASICS put into the gel venture 5 to improve the traction. The gel venture 5 underlay has been designed with brush strokes pattern to further improve the traction properties of the shoe. This is one runner’s shoe you should consider having amongst your collection, you will definitely not regret it.
Are ASICS Gel Venture 5 Good For Running?
First and foremost, the ASICS gel venture 5 is designed for running before any other purpose comes to mind. From its design anatomy, one can easily tell that these bad boys were made for any terrain that would have seemed unfathomable to run on. The grip is excellent, the laces are well placed, and the design contributes to ensuring that you finish the race more fulfilled that you stated it.
What ASICS Shoes Are Best For Running?
Apart from the ASICS gel venture 5, there are other Asics models that would serve your feet excellently while running. Let’s take a look!
1. Asics Gel-Cumulus 21
If you are the type that runs every day, then this shoe is perfect for you. It is built for everyday purposes and will sure last you for a long period of time. Here are some of its added properties.
- The FLYTEFOAM technology is used to manufacture the mud sole, this means that there is improved cushion and support for the feet.
- The rearfoot and forefoot Gel technology aids in absorbing unprecedented shock on your foot. Now you don’t have to worry about crashing your leg on a stone while running.
- The heel collar of this shoe is wrapped with extra foam to make the ankle more comfortable.
- The traction is excellent, and you can be sure to avoid accidental slip-ups while in them.
A smart choice to have your feet in. Now let’s move to the next.
Read Also: Best Socks To Wear For Mud Runs In 2021
2. ASICS Gel-Kayano 27
Another masterpiece built for everyday running, the Asics gel-Kayano is very suitable everyday road running. Here are some of its features.
- We all desire a comfortable feel while running, well in response to that, the FLYTEFOAM propel technology which is inclusive to Asics products has been modified to provide bounce support that will aid you while running.
- Bring me a Boulder! The RAREFOOT and FOREFOOT gel technology absorbs shock during impact and has also been modified in this product to allow easy movement as the foot transitions during a race.
- Just in case you carry out your daily routine on a hard tarmac surface, the FLYTEFOAM midsole Technology has been modified in the gel-Kayano series to improve responsiveness and bounce abilities.
- We all love to run in lightweight shoes, don’t we? The dynamic DUOMAX support system improves the shoe’s stability and support by reducing its overall weight and increasing platform support.
- We all enjoy the feeling that comes with having the cool morning or evening breeze beating on our feet while running, and for the Gel-Kayano 27, that’s a normal experience. The multi-directional mesh material has been engineered to improve ventilation and stability.
- A shoe that weighs 309 grams needs a lot of modifications in other to retain certain features, and thanks to the SPACE TRUSSTIC technology, the weight of the sole unit is reduced whilst retaining the overall structural integrity of the shoe.
- The AHAR outsole (Asics high abrasion rubber) are used in selected areas to improve the durability of the shoe. Lightweight plus durability? Yummy!
- The Asics gel-Kayano 27 is also designed with an external heel clutch that helps in delivering better overall fit support.
- The sock liner has also been designed to provide extra cushioning and improve performance as well.
The Asics Gel-Kayano series is also available in the women version, and it has been designed to satisfy the biomechanics involved in the male and female feet anatomy.
3. Asics Gel-Nimbus 22
The Asics gel-nimbus 22 has been updated with the latest technologies that are sure to have a positive impact on your running experience. Let’s delve into some of its awesome attributes
- The FLYTEFOAM technology has been included in this series to improve your bounce ability, especially on hard terrains.
- Gait is a person’s walking pattern, and for a runner, it is important that you know your gait pattern in order to get the best running shoe. Thanks to the Guidance line midsole technology, the Asics gel-nimbus has been tooled along the line of progression to further aid gait efficiency.
- Like the previous Asics models reviewed, the Asics gel-nimbus is designed with the trusstic system technology that reduces the weight of the sole to ensure comfort while running, whilst retaining the integrity of the product.
- Still, on improving your gait pattern, the Asics gel-nimbus imbibes an I.G.S technology (Impact guidance system) the uses linked componentry to enhance the foot’s natural gait from the moment the heel strikes the ground to when the toe takes off.
- It gets lighter with Asics the gel-nimbus apart from the trusstic system that makes it light, the FLYTEFOAM LYTE technology is also used to design the midsole to provide maximum comfort and ease. It is also incorporated with nanofibres to aid extra cushion.
The Asics gel-nimbus 22 is also available for the ladies, which makes it possible for every gender to have a go at it.
4. Asics Glideride
The Asics glider is designed for the avid runners who want to improve their performance and up their game whilst expending too much force on the ankle. Here are some facts about this product that should interest you.
- The exclusive all-new GUIDESOLE technology which is made apparent with the curved sole design and the stiff forefoot will reduce the load on the ankle, and at the same time provide a shock-proof area. This helps to lessen fatigue on the other leg muscles, and also increases the runner’s output.
- The FLYTEFOAM midsole technology, which is already a trademark feature amongst the Asics brands also features on the Asics glide ride to further improve the foot responsiveness. Now your running shoes can move in an even direction with your feet without any drag back.
- The mesh material has also been improved to add more ventilation to your feet while you run. A feature every runner appreciates.
- Another iconic feature imbibed into the design of the Asics glide ride is RearFoot gel technology that helps the feet absorb shock on sudden impact.
More value for so little cost. You shouldn’t miss out on this one. So there you have it! Your top Asics running shoes. Now let’s do a little comparison with Asics gel venture 5 and Asics gel venture 6, and see the one that comes out on top.
What Is The Difference Between Asics Gel Venture 5 And Asics Gel Venture 6?
Going by popular reviews by professionals who have based their findings on using both the Asics gel venture 5 and Asics gel venture 6, the following conclusion has been made.
- The Asics gel venture 5 is more durable, supportive, and more flexible when compared to the Asics gel venture 5.
- Professionals also feel that the materials used in making Asics gel venture 6 are light, compared to gel venture 5, and the thickness of the padding of gel venture 6 minimized. This was probably done to make it more lightweight, albeit at the detriment of the shoe material.
- The eyelet that enables heel lock lacing, which is a paramount design on the Asics gel venture 5 has been removed from the gel venture 6 edition. This flaw makes the gel venture 6 susceptible to heel seepage.
- In terms of traction properties, the gel venture 6 comes out on top due to its more enhanced technology.
- For those with wide toes, you should go for the Asics gel venture 6, as they provide more toe spacing.
- The ankle cushioning on the Asics gel venture 5 has been preferred to those on gel venture 6.
If you feel differently about these opinions, or would want to add your own findings, do well to let us know in the comment section.
Are Asics Better Than Nike?
Hmmm… This is a tough one, but once again let’s get the opinion of those who have had the opportunity of adorning the two gears and hear what they have to say, after which I would be dropping my own final verdict on both
Please note that this argument was based on opinions gotten from individuals and professionals who have adorned both products and aired their views on this popular online forum.
“Asics spends its cash on R&D, not promotion, and in my opinion, make a better running shoe. Nike kills it in style though and I wear them on the street day to day”.
“I would love to say Nike but Asics. I have low arches and Asics have much better arch support and are all-around more comfortable than any Nikes I’ve owned”.
“Honestly I prefer Nike. I’ve run in both but keep coming back to Nike as a better fit and longer lasting shoe”.
“Asics. I like Nike but I think they break down faster”.
“In my experience, Asics are more durable and supportive. My Asics seem to last way longer than my Nikes. Asics provide superior support for my foot (neutral) for running. I prefer Nike (currently the Duel Fusion) for taking aerobic classes and walking around. Nike shoes are more fashionable”.
“Nike is better”.
“I really enjoy Nike clothing (pants, shirts, etc.) but have found that Asics shoes work better for my feet and fitness needs. I just got a new pair of Asics for a Bootcamp class I take that is outdoors on varied terrain (asphalt, grass, dirt). I need a nice cushioning for all the high-impact moves we do. When I just run I wear some awesome pearl Izumi Triathalon shoes that are more minimalistic (not quite a true minimal shoe but close)”.
“I prefer Nike over most shoe brands. I have a naturally wide foot, and nikes always fit through the toes the best. Also, compared to Asics, I feel like Nike’s last longer and are WAY more comfortable. I guess the biggest determination factor might be price, Asic’s are normally cheaper (they are now carried at Walmart), but I think some things are worth the extra dough!”
Based on the above comments, one could come to the following conclusion.
- In terms of style, fashion, and popularity, go for a Nike shoe.
- In terms of running and enhanced athletic purposes, go for an Asics shoe.
- In terms of arch support (especially if you have a low arch) then go for Asics.
- In terms of better resale value, go for a Nike.
That being said, Asics stands out for athletism, and Nike stands out for beauty and style. If you have a contrary opinion, do let us know in the comment section, and kindly state your reasons why.
How Long Does Asics Last?
This depends on a number of factors such as the weight of the individual, the terrain surface, proper usage and storage, and the amount of distance covered in them.
If all the factors mentioned above are considered, then Asics recommends that you change your running shoes after every 750km-1000km.
Here are a few signs for you to note when you need a shoe change.
- The outer sole begins to wear out, even making part of the midsole visible.
- The heel area becomes less supportive.
- Both shoes when placed on an even plane show a very vast difference from each other in terms of height.
- Both shoes stand askew when placed on an evenly balanced surface
- The padding in the toe box is no longer there to protect the toes.
When some or all of these signs come to fore, then you are advised to get a new running shoe as soon as you can.
Is Asics Shoe Machine Washable?
Asics manufacturers have strongly recommended against washing your shoe with a machine, rather, you are advised to clean them with a soft cloth or brush, or surface clean your shoes using cold water and a mild detergent. Avoid using a dryer to dry them as well. You are also advised against using your shoes in extremely hot conditions, or under extreme sunlight. (Read also: How To Clean Shoes After Mud Run With Steps)
Do Asics Shoes Have A Warranty?
Yes! Asics provides a 1-year warranty for their products, however, these are only viable for manufacturing defects, and it must have been purchased from ASICS or any ASICS accredited retailer or outlet.
The warranty does not cover defects caused by owner negligence or misuse. To find out more about their warranty, click here.
How Do I Know If My ASICS Shoes Are Real?
There are quite a number of fake shoes on the market that might get you confused and reaped off of your hard-earned money in the process. However, watch this YouTube video below to know what to expect from a real Asics shoe.
Asics Men’s Gel Venture 5 Running Shoe Review – Conclusion
From their humble beginnings, ASICS has made a name for themselves in the sportswear industry and is still holding strong despite the hurdle and competition.
Getting an ASICS men gel venture running shoe goes beyond just wearing proper gear, It shows that indeed you have “a sound mind in a sound body”, and this is definitely through about you and all the other athletes worldwide. Cheers to your victories!